The old St.Saviours Church provides a fitting venue for storage of artefacts and local history.
Located in the centre of Pirongia village on State Highway 39 it is ideally placed for visitors passing through to gain information on forest tracks and local attractions.
Pirongia was formerly known in 1864 as Alexandra. Initially established as a Military settlement, and named after Alexandra, wife of the Prince of Wales, Pirongia has seen many changes over the years. Today it offers residents a peaceful and enviable lifestyle with wide tree lined streets, cafes and crafts.